Hi! I’m Joel, aka Rev. Joel, but no one actually calls me that. It’s just the name I use when I post something on my blogs. It’s also the name I used for my Myspace profile, back when that was a thing. I am a real reverend, ordained in 2000, but I only use the title to join people in wedlock, and to amuse myself. Anyway, you can call me Joel.
Aside from my wife, my friends, and select famliy members, these are a few of my favorite things (in no particular order, except for numbers 1-4):
- live music
- heavy metal
- mid-to-late 90’s punk rock, hardcore, and emo
- country music*
- Kurt Vonnegut (RIP)
- The Simpsons (seasons 1-9, plus parts of 10)
- Tom & Jerry cartoons (up through the Chuck Jones era)
- Twin Peaks
- 1980’s G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero comics and cartoons (especially the comics – Larry Hama is the man!)
- John Carpenter’s movies and music (and interviews with John Carpenter – the guy’s a hoot!)
- Bill Hicks (RIP)
- The Tragically Hip (RIP Gord Downie)
- outer space
- Peanuts comics and cartoons (RIP Charles M. Schulz)
- professional wrestling, before they killed kayfabe
I like lots more stuff than that, but I don’t have all day, and neither do you.
I also love learning new things, but I only enjoy challenges if they’re on my terms.
Donald Trump and Mitch McConnel can both fuck off until the end of time. They are both terrible people, and history will not judge them kindly.
I cook for a living, and I’m pretty good at it, but I don’t really like cooking for a living. Problem is, I’m not qualified for anything else that’ll pay the bills (or provide the health insurance). Anyone wanna pay me to write and make mixtapes?
That’s pretty much me in a nutshell.
Oh! I also read the comments on websites, even though they usually make me angry, just to feel superior to most of the people who leave comments.
Okay, that’s all.
*I’m talking about real country music, not Florida Georgia Line and shit like that – if you like it, fine, but please don’t call it country. Loretta Lynn agrees, and I think she knows a thing or two about country music.